Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd is a biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Switzerland, that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative treatments to serve high unmet medical needs. They specifically focus on rare and orphan diseases.
Actelion was acquired in January 2017 by Johnson & Johnson. Since then they have been integrating with the J&J pharmaceutical business, Janssen.
Lighthouse had the opportunity work with the leadership team a couple of months before the acquisition announcement in late 2016.
At that time, the management team were not operating as a leadership team with functional roles working against each other and the leaders defending their positions, from their functional perspective. Engagement survey results showed that there were some issues in perception of the leadership team. The leadership team themselves, rated their effectiveness as 4 out of 10.
Matthias Hess came in after the acquisition to lead the business. At that time the budget expectation was high.
- Align you by bringing together the feedback in one common Actelion compass
- Provide a foundation for better teamwork and internal collaboration
- Improve Communication
- Shift the internal “stuckness”
- Help provide clarity and motivation to your year ahead
- Show you a way to navigate yourself to maximise your success in 2018
- Clarify next steps to progress leadership at all levels within Actelion