- This event has passed.
Advancing Women in Leadership Masterclass
Internationally renowned TED speaker Susan Colantunono is travelling to Australia from the USA, alongside Lighthouse Partner and one of Australia’s top supporters of women in leadership Michelle Redfern to launch the Advancing Women in Leadership workshops with the Lighthouse Group.
Lighthouse offer you the opportunity to come along to one or both of the Masterclass sessions being held on Tuesday 7th March, 2017.
Michelle and Susan will explore the fact that even though with the right leadership skills, the highest levels of career success are well within a woman’s reach. Unfortunately, conventional wisdom about leadership takes women only so far. Much of it is outdated, incomplete and ineffective. Susan takes a fresh, unblinking look at the definition of leadership, and has identified the vital missing piece of the leadership and career success equation for women – The Missing 33%. Susan’s TED talk on Closing the Leadership Gender Gap was featured as Today’s Talk on the TED.com website, an honour given to less than 1% of all TED Talks from around the world. The Talk has gone viral, being viewed by millions and translated into 23 languages.
Lighthouse have partnered with Susan Colantuono and her firm ‘Leading Women’ to exclusively license her programs designed to help Advance Women within organisations.
The day is divided into 2 parts – Session 1 and Session 2. Each will be covering different topics (outlined below). You are welcome to attend one or both sessions.
What You Will Learn By Attending The Workshop:
Session 1: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Topic 1: ‘What is Leadership’?
– Acquire a prescriptive definition of leadership that can be used to shape leadership effectiveness on a day-to-day basis
– Aligning your capabilities and values into the 3-part model of leadership.
Topic 2: ‘The Missing 33%’
– Understanding the Missing 33% that women must master for career success
– Understand the importance of business, strategic and financial acumen for leadership and career success.
Topic 3: ‘Think like a CEO’
– Understand the 4 key business outcomes that executives monitor and how their work drives these outcomes.
– Understand the importance of aligning to business outcomes and how it differentiates talent for career success
Session 2: 12:00pm to 5:00pm
Topic 1: Leaders at every level:
Although leadership manifests at every level, it also differs by level. This activity provides insight into how leadership behaviors must change to be successful as one moves up in the organization.
Topic 2: ‘Career enablers and derailers:
– Explore and plan to avoid the well-researched derailers that keep women mired in the middle and to capitalize on the enablers that enable the transition from middle to senior/executive positions – especially C-level positions and above.
Topic 2: ‘Make the most of mentoring’
– Understand the difference between PIE Mentoring™ (Strategic Mentoring) and CAKE Mentoring™ (Supportive Mentoring).
Please click here for more information on this event
Please register your interest for this event by clicking on the Enquire Now on the right. Places strictly limited.