NAB Graduate Program
01. The Opportunity
NAB recognized the importance of enabling their graduates to accelerate their success through providing an understanding of the bigger picture of how the bank functions, the drivers of profit and performance, so that they could apply themselves practically to the organisation’s biggest challenges and opportunities. NAB aimed to bridge this gap and provide Graduates with a foundation of core business understanding and ability to link NAB’s goals and strategy to sustainable profitable growth.
02. The Solutions
As part of their talent development program, NAB partnered with Lighthouse to customise and facilitate Building Business Acumen programs with the 2016, 2017 and 2018 graduate cohorts. Around 100 graduates have attended in Sydney and Melbourne each year. The program has been refined each year to continuously improve based on insights from each year’s successful program.
The Graduate Business Acumen workshop is a two day journey designed to build commercial acumen in the context of NAB. The workshop provides tools and processes to equip Graduates to make better decisions aligned to NAB’s money making process and strategy.
03. The Results
- Laying a foundation of core business understanding upon which Graduates can build specific functional skills
- Finding greater engagement, alignment and collaboration for the achievement of company-wide goals
- Understanding of the changing customer, competitor and business environment
- Increased retention through a holistic learning experience tailored to the desires of the current Graduate cohort
- Enabling greater workforce diversity by providing business and financial capabilities for Graduates outside traditional finance backgrounds
Graduates have rated the program with consistent positive NPS score of over 75
04. Participants Feedback
“…It’s just not something you ever get taught. This type of context and business information is invaluable..” NAB Graduate Participant
Senior Consultant, Graduate Strategy, NAB